Environmental: Letters & Articles
Letters I wrote to our government leaders because I believe our land should stay beautiful. To all governments and global citizens who think it costs too much time and money to protect our remote wilderness areas, think again! Quality is in the water you drink and the food you eat. It's the survival of all life on this planet. It's that simple.
Pass the Buck
Buck passing or passing the buck is defined as the the action of transferring responsibility or blame onto another person and no doubt these guys are pros...
As you can see from the letters and emails listed below, for a long time I have been trying to have car wrecks removed from the area without much happening.
Through all of this effort, I am now right back to where I started...
"With regards to the issue of the car wrecks, this falls under the jurisdiction of Government Services. You can call the office in Harbour Grace at 945-3107 and relay the information to them and they can make arrangements for someone to come out and look at the problem and proceed from there.
- Erica Warren, Assistant to Charlene Johnson,M.H.A."
I have written back with the following...
The car wreck problem on the North Shore has been past around by everyone. Yet nothing has been done. This is not rocket science. Has government services in Harbour Grace got the heads up on these issues from your office. I have tried calling them however they seem hard to reach. We have already had ample time and meetings with you and government. There is a dump site in front of my house and many other parts of our fine province that need prompt action. By the way I spoke to Derek Vokey in Harbour Grace on these issues years ago and I was told to talk to environment in St John's. They already know the issues in Harbour Grace. It was the first place I went. Time to get this done!!! I believe it would be a lot worst here if it were not for a few of us. I am serious!! It is really time to get this tourist attraction clreaned up. Sustainable resource management is the key. Isn't that what you said on your last email. Looking forward to answers!!!"
And, have passed the information to...
"Hi Derek (Vokey),
Here is a copy of the email I sent to Charlene Johnson. As you will see on my web site and my previous letters I have written to government, there is a serious problem in many parts of rural Newfoundland. My pics and letters speak for themselves. Really hope this can be resolved soon!! My web site is www.tonyolearymusic.ca . Everything is on my web site about these issues. "
My letters regarding my environmental concerns can be found in the following publications:
- The Newfoundland Sportsman
- The Newfoundland Herald
- The Newfoundland Evening Telegram
- The Compass
- The MUSE university newspaper
- Ottawa Citizen
- Toronto Sun
IN THE END ITS NATURAL LAW THAT WILL HAVE THE LAST CALL. CAN WE AFFORD TO DEGRADE NATURE AND ITS GREAT FORCE ANYMORE.
- September 3, 2012 - Mr. Terry French Environmental Letter
- February 12, 2012 - Minister Paul Davis Environmental Letter
- September 26 2011 - Election Letter
- June 30 2011 - Premier Kathy Dunderdale Environmental Letter Response
- May 28 2011 - Premier Kathy Dunderdale Environmental Letter
- April 20 2011 - Premier Kathy Dunderdale Environmental Letter
- March 14 2011 - Premier Kathy Dunderdale Environmental Letter
- March 1 2011 - Mr. Harding Environmental Letter
- Feb 10 2011 - Mr. Harding Environmental Email #2
- Jan 25 2011 - Environmental Email # 2
- Jan 16 2011 - Tammy Macdonald Environmental Email
- Jan 12 2011 - Environmental Email
- Jan 5 2011 - Letter to Charlene Johnson # 2
- Nov 24 2010 - Letter to Charlene Johnson
- Oct 2010 - Letter to Charlene Johnson
- July 30/2010 - Meeting with Tammy McDonald
- June 29/2010 - Meeting with Tammy McDonald
- May 31/2010 - Due Diligence
- Apr 25/2010 - Due Diligence
- Jan 25/2010 - Passing the Buck... Again!
- March 31, 2009 Environmental letter to Danny Williams
- January 3, 2009 Environmental letter to Danny Williams
- July, 2008 Environmental issues, What's Perfectly Legal... Letter to Charlene Johnson
Tony, Congratulations. Your letter to the editor was terrific. - Bill Westcott, Clarke's Beach
- August, 2008 Environmental issues, Letter Charlene emailed me... Letter to Charlene Johnson
- June, 2008 Environmental issues, What do you believe? Letter to Shane Mahoney
- May, 2008 Environmental issues, People still dumping in Spout Cove Letter to Shane Mahoney, Caribou Monitoring Program
- March 23, 2008 Environmental issues, Wahnapitae area just outside Sudbury Letter to Shane Mahoney, Caribou Monitoring Program
- Letter on Toxins in Humans Letter to Shane Mahoney, Caribou Monitoring Program
- Happy New Year
- Letter to Shane Mahoney 2007 Caribou Monitoring Program
- Letter to Shane Mahoney 2007 Participant Caribou Monitoring Program
*Shane Mahoney is a Biologist who recently held the position of chief of wildlife ecosystems. He now has the new position of executive director of science in the department of tourism. Known for his research on big game animals and conservation in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Letter to Government Oct. 17 2007
- Election 2007
- Letter to Danny Williams Oct. 2007
- Organic Foods
- Letter to the Government July 26 2007
- Minister of Environment and Conservation Clyde Jackman
- Charlene Johnson M.H.A of Trinity Conception
- Organic Foods
- Letter to the Government June 2007
- A Bad Environmental Joke
- Letter to the Editor May 2007
- Letter to Steven Harper
- Prime Minister of Canada
- A letter to Premier Danny Williams
- February 19, 2006
- A letter to Gord Follett
- Newfoundland Sportsman Magazine
- "Put Your Garbage Where It Belongs"
- from The Muse University Newspaper by Juanita King
- "The Great Outdoors"
- An Article from The Newfoundland Herald
- A letter to Premier Danny Williams
- August 3 2006
- A letter to Hon. John Efford
- Minister of Fisheries & Aquaculture 2000
- A letter to Joanne Smyth
- From the Newfoundland & Labrador Inland Fish & Wildlife Advisory Council 1997